We are seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and 5-8 years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation Operations team in our Jacksonville, FL office.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with signalization/lighting/ITS project design and supervision,
- Assist with traffic operational analysis, safety analysis and other traffic operational studies
- Complete traffic study report and other technical activities
- Management of overall project including supervision of internal staff and subconsultants.
- Organize and direct internal staff and external subconsultants in accordance with project priorities, guidelines, and contractual obligations.
- Coordinate with the project team for invoices and complete project progress reports on regular basis
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant engineer and business development experience with FDOT.
- Florida PE
- Traffic Signal Design / ITS design and master planning experience
- Experience managing FDOT Traffic Engineering / Traffic operations projects.
- Signal Timing and Modeling (Synchro, HCS) Intersection and Highway Capacity Analysis.
- Macro (CUBE, VISUM), micro-simulation modeling (Vissim, Corsim, SimTraffic) and capacity analysis (Synchro, HCS).
- Excellent written and communication skills, including the ability to produce high-quality technical reports and make presentations to external staff and project stakeholders.
- This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Salary is competitive and based on experience and qualifications.