We are looking for Traffic and Transportation Engineering Interns to join our Jacksonville, FL office. This internship is your opportunity to test out your career in the transportation field and to gain project experience. You will be integrated into a project team and develop your skills through a combination of daily coaching and the completion of real project work.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF SENIOR STAFF:
• Learn to prepare traffic engineering concepts, signal designs, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Designs for freeways, arterials, and local roads.
• Learn to model traffic for complex geometric conditions and develop operational and safety enhancements to current condition problems.
• Use a variety of data, documents, and reports from Internet sources and personal contact to facilitate engineering solutions and analysis.
• Assist in preparing engineering plans, construction specifications, and technical reports.
• Flexible attitude towards assignments, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
• Support project pursuits and prepare marketing materials.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES:
• Ability to comfortably work independently and in a team setting.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in MicroStation (preferred).
• Knowledge of Traffic/Transportation Engineering.
• This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.