Your education has taught you the fundamentals of engineering and has introduced you to many disciplines and skills within the civil engineering profession. Now it’s time to apply those fundamentals toward the completion of real-world projects. This position is an opportunity to make a significant contribution on a variety of engineering design projects, to discover your strengths, and to develop expertise under the daily mentorship industry leaders in project development, planning, roadway design, drainage, permitting, and traffic operations.
Examples of duties and responsibilities under the supervision of senior staff:
- Prepare engineering designs, 3D models, and construction plans for freeways, arterials, and local roads.
- Develop innovative conceptual interchanges and intersections to improve capacity and level of service.
- Develop innovative flood abatement and stormwater treatment measures such as stormwater harvesting, compensatory treatment, and regional stormwater facilities.
- Design and model stormwater management facilities and collection systems.
- Use a variety of data, documents, and reports from Internet sources and personal contact to facilitate engineering solutions and analysis.
- Complete complex engineering design, construction specifications, technical reports, and other activities requiring the knowledge of engineering principles and techniques.
- Prepare and present results in written documentation, plans, and presentations.
- Prepare and disseminate information in a suitable format to internal and external contacts.
- Support project pursuits and prepare marketing materials.
Requirements and preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (preferred) or closely related major.
- Engineer Intern (EI) certification (preferred).
- Ability to comfortably work independently and in a team setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with engineering and modeling software (MicroStation and OpenRoads Designer preferred).
- Familiarity with FDOTConnect (preferred).
- This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Salary is competitive and based on experience and qualifications.