This is an opportunity to manage a growing group of young engineers to successfully complete a wide variety of projects for the FDOT and municipalities. Projects may include roadway design, flood protection, regional drainage solutions, bicycle trails, innovative intersection concepts, and a variety of other projects. You will be supported by industry leaders in project development, planning, roadway design, drainage, permitting, and traffic operations.
Examples of duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering designs, 3D models, and construction plans for freeways, arterials, and local roads.
- Develop innovative conceptual interchanges and intersections to improve capacity and level of service.
- Develop innovative flood abatement and stormwater treatment measures such as stormwater harvesting, compensatory treatment, and regional stormwater facilities.
- Design and model stormwater management facilities and collection systems.
- Identify and gather a variety of data, documents, and reports from Internet sources and personal contact to facilitate engineering solutions and analysis.
- Independently complete complex engineering design, construction specifications, technical reports, and other activities requiring the knowledge of engineering principles and techniques.
- Self-check technical reports and calculations for completeness and accuracy.
- Recognize technical discrepancies in analytical results and make appropriate corrections.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of a project with other engineering disciplines and project management staff for completion.
- Continuously monitor progress and performance on a project to ensure efficient production, uncover potential problems, meet schedules, and minimize errors.
- Develop engineering discipline work plans to coincide with the milestones of a project work plan.
- Mentor junior-level staff in engineering skills, judgement, techniques, and software.
- Provide technical review of work completed by junior-level engineering staff.
- Assist with the development of technical scope proposals and fee estimates.
- Prepare and disseminate information in a suitable format to internal and external contacts.
- Foster relationships with clients, identify strategic pursuit opportunities, and prepare marketing materials.
Requirements and preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (preferred) or closely related major.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license (Florida preferred).
- A minimum of 4 years engineering experience.
- A minimum of 2 years project management experience (preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Project (preferred), Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency with engineering, computational, and modeling software (MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, FDOTConnect, ICPR preferred).
- Familiarity with common QA/QC procedures (Bluebeam Studio preferred).
- Understanding of business practices and laws governing engineering in Florida.
- Active role in a professional engineering organization (preferred).
- This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Salary is competitive and based on experience and qualifications.