Your coursework has shown you the breadth of career paths available to you within the civil engineering industry. This internship is your opportunity to test out your career in the transportation field and to gain project experience. You will be integrated into a project team and develop your skills through a combination of daily coaching and the completion of real project work.
Examples of duties and responsibilities under the supervision of senior staff:
- Learn to prepare engineering designs, 3D models, and construction plans for freeways, arterials, and local roads.
- Learn to design and model stormwater management facilities and collection systems.
- Use a variety of data, documents, and reports from Internet sources and personal contact to facilitate engineering solutions and analysis.
- Assist in preparing engineering plans, construction specifications, and technical reports.
- Support project pursuits and prepare marketing materials.
Requirements and preferences:
- Ability to comfortably work independently and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in MicroStation and OpenRoads Designer (preferred).
- This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.