Transportation Engineering Manager needed by Osiris 9 Consulting, LLC, a Northeast Florida based multi-disciplinary Civil/Transportation engineering firm, to manage our Transportation Operations and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineering Dept. in fulfilling projects across NE and Central Florida.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise reporting engineers and staff as well as third-party subconsultants and stakeholders to fulfill engineering projects, ensure compliance with all requirements and metrics, including traffic operations and safety, geometric design, environmental impact analysis and ITS and signal designs. Assist with development and monitoring of project budgets and schedules.
- Meet with stakeholders to assess project requirements and oversee traffic operational analysis using microsimulation software such as VISSIM, CORSIM, SimTraffic on transportation alternatives, perform capacity analysis and safety analysis to determine and propose best alternatives based on operations, safety and cost using the FDOT Intersection Control Evaluation (ICE) software in compliance with ICE Manual and guidelines to improve roadway/intersection mobility and safety.
- Review and assist with the design of intersections, interchanges and roadway concepts using Microstation following the Florida Design Manual and develop plan sheets.
- Plan Complete Streets following FDOT policy, produce designs using multi-modal and complete streets aspects. Research future technologies such as Smart Roads and Connected and Automated Vehicles (CAV) to implement in project design and analysis.
- Draft and review engineering reports including, but not limited to Preliminary Engineering Reports (PER), Project Traffic Analysis Reports (PTAR), Project Traffic Forecasting Technical Memorandum (PTFTM), Interchange Access Requests (IAR), Noise Study Reports (NSR), Crash Analysis Reporting (CAR), for Planning, Project Development & Environment (PD&E), and Design projects.
- Assess project cost estimates using FDOT Long Range Estimating (LRE) tool and program projects for subsequent stages (design and construction phases).
- Oversee preparation of preliminary engineering concepts and 2-D and 3-D graphics.
- Present concepts, high-level findings, and developments from project analysis in progress meetings and coordinate future discussions with FDOT and stakeholders.
- Provide training sessions and mentor junior engineers and staff.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or Civil and Environmental Engineering, or a directly related Engineering concentration plus 3 years of experience, or alternatively, employer will accept a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering, or Civil and Environmental Engineering, or a directly related Engineering concentration plus 5 years of progressively responsible experience.
- All qualifying experience must involve managing FDOT Traffic Engineering, Transportation Planning, and/or PD&E projects.
- State of Florida Professional Engineering (PE) license, as well as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification.
Apply below, or email Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail Resumes Attn: HR-JOBS, to Osiris 9 Consulting, LLC, 10199 Southside Blvd #104, Jacksonville, FL 32256.