We are seeking a Traffic Engineer with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and 0-3 years of professional experience to be part of our Transportation Operations team in our Jacksonville, FL office.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF SENIOR STAFF:
- Prepare engineering designs, 3D models, and construction plans for freeways, arterials, and local roads.
- Develop innovative conceptual interchanges and intersections to improve capacity and level of service.
- Develop innovative flood abatement and stormwater treatment measures such as stormwater harvesting, compensatory treatment, and regional stormwater facilities.
- Design and model stormwater management facilities and collection systems.
- Use a variety of data, documents, and reports from Internet sources and personal contact to facilitate engineering solutions and analysis.
- Complete complex engineering design, construction specifications, technical reports, and other activities requiring the knowledge of engineering principles and techniques.
- Prepare and present results in written documentation, plans, and presentations.
- Prepare and disseminate information in a suitable format to internal and external contacts.
- Support project pursuits and prepare marketing materials.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERNCES:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college,
- Microstation experience
- Traffic Study Experience (traffic studies, speed studies, traffic calming studies, Etc.);
- Familiarity with FDOT’s Manuals and standards;
- Proficiency in MS Office software;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a plus;
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Salary is competitive and based on experience and qualifications.